This Sepher Torah scroll contains the first five books of the Old Testament (Genesis - Deuteronomy) in biblical Hebrew. The scroll was created in Fürth, Germany ca. 1760 and is 91 feet 2 1/2 inches long, approximately 27 1/2 inches wide, and consists of 35 panels of parchment.
This scroll (TS.KBL.19.25) was donated to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary by Ken and Barb Larsen, founders of God's Ancient Library ( https://www.godsancientlibrary.com/). During the reign of National Socialism in Germany, the scroll was buried in the cemetery of a Jewish synagogue to prevent its capture by the Nazi government. The scroll was rediscovered in Germany in the early 2000s and subsequently purchased by the Ben-David family from Israel. The Larsens purchased this scroll from the Ben-David family.
Please see Excel file "TS.KBL.19.25 Detailed Analysis" on page four under "Items" for extensive information on the elements of this scroll.
The physical scroll is available for use on the campus of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, NC. Please contact the archives at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-761-2329 for more information.
Title from vendor's information card. Gift of Sydnor Stealey, ca. 1960. Label on inside of cover: "From the rare old Bible collection of W.A. Stewart, 213 Jacoby Street, Norristown, Pa." Miniscule script with illuminated capitals, leather bound. 20 leaves, bound (2 columns, 40 lines) : vellum ; 26 cm